- Mutual representation and speaking opportunities at regional events;
- Collaboration of TIACA events (cargo conference, seminars, workshops) in the region;
- Mutual promotion via social media and newsletters;
- Distribution of TIACA publications, preferably in the language used in the region;
- Exchange of information on projected activities and programmes of work in the agreed areas;
- Capacity building assistance and activities (including training and support activities).
The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) has continued expanding its regional connections with Memorandum of Understandings signed with three Latin American entities and the addition of a new corporate member from the Caribbean.
TIACA said it would like to provide additional opportunities for networking and establishing business contacts with its current and future members in the region, which by its own admission, is historically not well covered by the organsiation.
The three organisations include: AGUNSA, a specialised logistics service provider; the Federation of National Associations of Cargo Agents and International Logistical Operators of Latin America and the Caribbean (ALACAT); and freight forwarding network, Americas Alliance. TIACA secretary general, Vladimir Zubkov said cooperation will begin in the new year with the discussion of practical steps for implementation of the MoUs.
Among the areas of cooperation are:
TIACA also welcomed a new corporate member, Norman Manley International Airport (KIN) in Kingston, Jamaica. The airport plays a critical role in the economic development of Jamaica, and is the premier gateway to the nation’s capital, Kingston. The airport caters to over 1.7 million passengers, with an approximate 4.0 per cent average growth rate and handles over 70 per cent (17 million kgs) of the Island’s airfreight.
TIACA’s Membership Directory can be accessed here.