Five months after the ECS Group launched the #NexGenLeaders challenge to unearth new talent for the industry, the 10 best projects have just been selected in time for Air Cargo Europe.
The final selection stage took place simultaneously worldwide on 13 May – 50 teams, coached by mentors over almost two months, presented their projects live and in person to ECS Group.
In what has been described by ECS as a major victory for the 10 teams, all win passes to the Air Cargo Europe trade show, taking place on 4-7 June in Munich – where they will present their projects to the entire industry.
Today, the 10 chosen projects were also submitted to the #NexGenLeaders Grand Jury of distinguished figures from the air cargo industry, whose task it will be to select the final winners of the challenge.
The jury will vote to choose the best student project, best startup project, and best ECS Group employee project. The three winners will be announced in Munich on 5 June.
The 10 teams were selected from among more than 1,000 participants and over 200 innovative projects. ECS notes that on top of being chosen by renowned experts from the air freight industry, the opportunity to come to Munich also gives them the opportunity to open doors within the industry and discuss their future. The ECS Group will also host a dedicated #NexGenLeaders area adjacent to the ECS Group stand at the event.
The Top 10 #NexGenLeaders are:
• MHTV: a new packaging method for cargo waste management
• Each % Counts: A solution to optimise the empty space in cargo aircraft to upgrade it in a sustainable & social way
• BTeam: An ecosystem deal with the whole aircraft decommissioning process
• Augmented by DCK: Improving shipment acceptance, handling and pallet build-up via augmented reality
• CLIVE – The Selfie App: A unique data service for cargo airlines
• Cargonow: A platform for comparing, tracking and booking air freight capacities
• Aviationchain: A ULD tracking mesh network with a web interface
• Leg-2.com: A tailor-made solution allowing an airline to partially or totally outsource its mail activity
ECS Group employees:
• BCS Leaders: Online tool to connect all the employees of a company worldwide
• Cargo Assistant: A voice assistant tool that performs a range of tasks
The Grand Jury consists of : Eric Wilson, managing director, Global Cargo Sales, Delta Air Lines; Guillaume Halleux, chief officer cargo, Qatar Airways; Ingrid Raj, vice president Aviation, DHL Express – AP ; Sebastiaan Scholte, chairman of TIACA ; Steven Polmans, head of Cargo and Logistics – Brussels Airport Company; Lucas Kuehner, global head of Air Freight, Panalpina ; Valérie Marchand Battard, head of Corporate Communication, WFS ; Camilo Garcia, director of sales, marketing and product, IAG Cargo ; Norman Bamford, director & part-owner, Azura International ; Adrien Thominet, CEO, ECS Group ; Cédric Millet, chief strategy & digital officer, ECS Group ; Audrey Serdjebi, head of Marketing & Communication, ECS Group.